Who We Are
CATHAY INDUSTRIES is a global manufacturer and supplier of complete colors solutions. CATHAY INDUSTRIES started off as a trading firm in 1979 under the name Advanced Chemicals Limited, but over time we have become one of the top three manufacturers of synthetic iron oxide and have diversified our products to a complete range of pigments and raw materials. Our businesses include:
> High quality iron oxide manufacturing as the core business
> Highest purity iron oxide production for use in the food and pharmaceutical industries because of their ultra purity
> Supplying raw materials in cost-effective way with fully customized supply solutions for all industries
Today we are operating manufacturing facilities and divisional offices in five continental regions: America, Asia, Australasia, Europe and Africa, with a strong production base in China. Our facilities include:
> Iron oxide pigment plants in Tongling and Yixing in China are among the world’s most well-appointed, efficient and environmentally compliant plants
> Natural and eco-friendly transparent iron oxides plant in Hiwassee, USA, manufactures umber, sienna, ochre and Environoxides.
> Spray-dried granule plant in Tongling, China, to meet the growing requirements of the global market
> Finishing and blending plants throughout China
Well-built distributing networks and worldwide divisional offices coupled with the state of art manufacturing facilities enable us to deliver the best quality iron oxide pigments, ingredients and raw materials to our valuable customers in every location. Flexibility, cost-effectiveness and customer orientation have made CATHAY INDUSTRIES a world leader in iron oxide technology.
No matter which industries you are active in, CATHAY INDUSTRIES is well equipped to be your color-based raw material supplier.
History & Milestones
CATHAY INDUSTRIES started off as a trading firm, Advanced Chemicals Ltd.(ACL)
- Expansion of global businesses through acquisitions in USA, Europe, South Africa and Australia
- Establishment of Cathay Pigments Holdings
- Cathay Pigments changed its company name to CATHAY INDUSTRIES
- Acquisition of High Purity plant in Valparaiso, Indiana, USA
- Investment in production of iron oxide for coatings application in Yixin
Investment, together with Tonghua Group, to build a new production plant for yellow, red and black iron oxide pigments in Tongling
- Commissioned first phase of 150 KT production in Tongling (Anhui)
- Capacity expansion of pigment finishing in Yixing (Jiangsu)
- Opened a sales office in the Philippines, CATHAY Pigments and Chemicals Phils. Corp.
Commissioned production of spray-dried granules in Tongling, a total production capacity of 20,000 MT per year
- Acquisition of Hoover Color Corporation 2016in Hiwassee, VA, USA, a market leader in natural occurring Umbers and unique eco-friendly Transparent Iron Oxides
- Announcement of phase II expansion of manufacturing capabilities in Tongling, adding 20,000 MT to the 65,000 MT per year site’s current capacity
- CATHAY INDUSTRIES has been awarded the Silver status by EcoVadis
Completion of Hoover Color Corporation Acquisition